Thursday, March 21, 2013

Labor Pains

Do you have a midwife , someone who will labor with you as you birth your dream?
                                                                      
Recently the Women's Ministry at my church was having a night for the women in the surrounding communities to get together and hang out, something much needed! As I entered the building, I noticed the décor, we were surrounded by picture frames with questions inside them and candles all around, along with tables filled with fruit, veggies, punch, tea, and water for refreshments.

The night began with beautiful lyrics sang by all the women that were attending. The lights were dimmed and souls were just singing to their heavenly Father. " I give myself away so you can use me, I give myself away, so you can use me, my life is not my own to you I belong, I give myself, I give self to you! " the song was by William McDowell and it was beautiful! I just closed my eyes and sang from my heart as the other women did as well. After we sang a few songs the speaker came up and shared her story of Labor Pains.
She shared how with her first child she was overly excited and wanted to be prepared. She shared how she wanted a Douala, even though her mother was a nurse who delivered babies for many years. She explained that as she entered in the delivery room, and labored, she was having some complications. The baby's heart rate had dropped, nurses were turning her and doing all the things that it took for her heart rate to get back up.

This of course was a scary time for her, even though her Douala was there she did not have a relationship with her, she was coaching her through this time, but it just was not working. However it was her mother that got up in her face and held her hand, looked her in the eye and reassured her that she was strong and could do this! It was her mother that reassured her that whatever happened, everything was going to be just fine!  She knew that no one could have gotten her through that moment but someone who loved her and cared for her, someone who knew who she was! She was thankful for her mother who helped her give birth to her dream and was there to see her through her labor pains. As she closed, she asked us if we were pregnant with a dream or an idea. This dream or idea we may have been pregnant with for a long time and we need someone to help us through the labor pains. She asked if we had someone in our life that could see us through our labor Pains
So I am going to ask you the same questions she asked that night, the questions that were in the picture frames:

What pains are you having a hard time letting go?
When was the last time you poured into someone's life?

What makes you beautiful?
Are you happy with your life? Why or Why not?

What's your biggest regret in life?
Do you have a midwife, someone who will labor with you as you birth your dream?

What dream has God put inside you right now?
Is it growing well?

Who was the last person that let you down?

What do feel God owes you and explanation for?
If there were no limits where would you be right now?


Currently I am reading a book called Desperate: Hope for the Mom Who Needs to Breathe
 
Desperate: Hope for the Mom Who Needs to Breathe
 
 
Why don't you join me, So far so good will let you know my thoughts!
 
Well signing off,
Just reporting the things I see!
 



 

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful post & what a great way to let go of some things and start fresh! I'm sitting here answering the questions in my mind thanking God for his mercies and guidance! I'm gonna look into that book also. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete