Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter Gone Wrong



I'm sure you had a long fulfilling weekend and guess what so did I; you all know a mother’s work is never done! We certainly had an enjoyable time in my home. But you know what; this Easter has been an eye opener for me.  Have you noticed that Easter has become more like Christmas; nothing but Clothes, Gifts, Toys and Sales!  As I walked through department and grocery stores, I see baskets filled with toys, candy, games, toy eggs, you name it. But nothing about our Savior!  Just like Xmas, Christ has been removed.  I see parents trying to make their children happy by buying baskets filled with wants that have nothing to do with the meaning of Easter. It seems as though families have forgotten how to spend time with one another. It’s like we forgotten the wonderful things we did as children on Easter Day. I remember the week leading up to Easter; we would spend time coloring eggs trying to see who was going to come up with the best design. But now Easter is about who has the best outfit.  

As I browse through some of my favorite blogs, I see you guys have not forgotten the true meaning of Easter! +Kim Huff at 
http://liveandlearnfarm.com/children-should-know-about-passover/  
Shared 5 scriptural facts  your children should know about Passover! And who can forget about those

http://www.habitsforahappyhome.com/2011/03/resurrection-rolls/resurrection-rolls-2/
Resurrection Rolls, not +Tricia Hodges , visit her blog and get a yummy recipe for next Easter. 

Want your family to learn something poetic about our Savior , well stop by +Christy Willis at  

http://branyact.blogspot.com/2013/03/homeschool-praises.html
she, shared a wonderful poem by M.S. Lowndes titled Resurrection Sunday   


Share with me your thoughts and leave a comment!
Just reporting the things I see!

6 comments:

  1. You hit the nail right on the head! Resurrection is just that! But, Easter & Christmas are pagan holidays that my family and I refuse to celebrate the traditional way because they are not God's traditions. Of we continue to follow the traditions of man, we will get lost in this world that hates out Father in heaven. Yesterday we made resurrection rolls and we sang songs, prayed & thanked God for His tender mercies. I'm glad you have shared this, as many people are afraid of ridicule. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes ! Sabbath Evening we did the same thing! We lit scented candles and sang songs of worship and painted a cross. We asked the children what was the true meaning of Easter and to our surprise they hit the nail right on the head!Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This past Easter was the first time that my little ones had asked; "what does the Easter Bunny have to do with Easter?" I answered them as best as I could, I said; When we see our cute little furry friends hopping too and fro, we can rest assure that the celebration of our Lord's resurrection is on it's way. ~Great Post & Blog!~

    http://thebrownbunch.blogspot.ca/

    Be Blessed!
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've been nominated for a Liebster blog Award! Come check it out http://bit.ly/ZSd0G9

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree. We try to be very involved in the Holy Week services at our church, and keep the focus where it belongs.

    ReplyDelete